Tuesday, January 7, 2014

THE COMIC STRIP

The advice of many creatives these days is to develop a major project and then DO IT. With the technology we have, things such as publishing/world wide exposure via internet/etc, the sky is the limit!

This year I have been contemplating some sort of publication. I have been in contact with a publisher. I have narrowed that down to a publication of my rabbits (albeit NOT the 365 project yet). I have gotten even narrower with the idea of IN THE CONSIDERATION OF THE SECRET LIFE OF RABBITS.

Today, I decided to make installment number one.

I stared at a blank art board for 2 hours and drank 2 cups of coffee.
Not in that order.
Then I Googled: HOW TO WRITE A COMIC ...


“Why did BC cartoonist Johnny Hart give himself over to God, and then to total madness? Because writing a comic strip is a lonely, dispiriting, depressing enterprise teaming with self-doubt, self-loathing and self-employment. To combat such demons some cartoonists turn to God. Others turn to drink.”
- excerpt from: http://mediumlarge.wordpress.com/comic-strip-writing-101
FANTASTIC.





HOW TO COPE WITH ARTISTIC FAILURE
Rule One: Avoid Successful People


THE END.




No comments:

Post a Comment